3. Which type of genre do you enjoy reading and how many per year?
Mystery __ , Romance __, Science fiction __, Fantasy __, Horror __, Western __, Adventure __, Historical __, Other __,
4. Name four favorite authors in your favorite genre.
5. What appeals to you most about this genre?
6. If you could read but one genre, what would that be?
7. How do you keep up with new books in your favorite genre?
a) Browse in library
b) Read reviews in library and book trade periodicals
c) Read reviews on IMCPL’s web site
8. Is there a particular type of work that you avoid in your genre reading?
- Reference Books
Example: What Do I Read Next: A Reader’s Guide to Current Genre Fiction
- Read-alike Resources
- Lastly, a colleague
Reader’s Advisor Tools Used:
With Search Capabilities
- Readers’ Advisor Online
- All Readers
- Fiction Connection
Links to Reader's Advisory Resources on the Web
Using these resources and tools, I was able to recommend a few books they were pleased with; however, I must keep practicing and reading in order to become a better Reader's Advisor.
This was an awesome experience; however, I think I focused more on the process verse the overall result of locating books my participants would love to read.