Friday, April 30, 2010

What I learned in this class?

What I have learned in this class?

After my lab presentation last night, I decided to blog about my experience in our class and the numerous assignments we had to do, as they relate to reader advisories. This was an extremely challenging, yet enjoyable class. For one thing I learned a lot about various literary genres. For the most part, I've read primarily Christian Fiction, seldom venturing out to read romances, chick lit, or historical fiction. Now, I literally cannot stop reading about the lives of these provocative, outgoing and don’t-mess-with-me characters. I’ve learned that books are a way to escape the troubles we all face. A good book is a friend during midnight hours and can open up new ways of thinking. I’ve decided to continue practicing what I have learned in this class so that I can become the best Reader’s Advisor Librarian I can be. I want to help people relax, heal, and be free to explore new and fun possibilities.
Thanks for being an awesome professional; challenging us to be the best at everything we do as it relate to providing quality reference services!

1 comment: